Monday, February 5, 2007

Winter Fun

Nien and I headed up to Vermont for the weekend. We haven't gone on vacation where it was just the two of us for a while, so it was a really nice time. The drive up was crazy long (5.5 hours from New York to Sugarbush) and we didn't get in until 3 a.m. because our rented Garmin GPS system doesn't account for roads that are closed for the winter. They might want to look into that.

I skied and Nien snowboarded, as per usual. Of course, when I say "usual" I mean since we started going last year. Though I am pretty much a brand new skier, I am getting the hang of it and it no longer makes me feel ill when I approach the lift. I actually thought "this is fun" a few times.

We stayed at the Sugarbush Inn (which has a great free breakfast, but sadly no hot tub on the premises), went to the Ben & Jerry's factory (yummy) and saw "Dreamgirls" at a cute little movie theater. All in all, we had a great time!

It definitely beats our first ski trip last year. we went to Okemo, VT. Not a bad place, but very little to do after the skiing. Plus, our motel, Happy Trails, was a little more ghetto and the weather was rainy one day and frigid the next. We did get to see the Budweiser Clydesdales on that trip though...it was a big moment in my life.

A few random thoughts on Vermont - It is cool how everyone seems to know each other and is very friendly, the names of places are very quaint, I saw tons of gazebos in town squares just like on "Gilmore Girls," people seem to really care about the environment and quality of life and the cheese is truly awesome.

No comments: