Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Busy Bee

As often happens, the week before I am headed out for vacation it seems like my work load has tripled. I really hope everything gets done before we're off. I once made the mistake of going away and telling my co-workers that I was reachable by cell. Three time zones away in Seattle I kept getting 7am calls until I finally said no. I work in TV...this is not brain surgery, and since I am a pretty much a pion at that, there is certainly no need for anyone to be calling me on my precious vacay.

Other than the annoying calls, the Seattle trip was awesome. We stayed at this really cozy hotel on the waterfront called the Edgewater and they were having this Beatlemania fest because the Beatles had stayed there 25 years before. The bartenders wore Sgt. Pepper's uniforms and the muzak in the elevators was all Beatles all the time. I love that!

We went to the Music Experience Museum, had Starbucks at the top of the Space Needle (and practically everywhere else in the city), went to the botanical garden, tooled around Pike Place Market and took a ferry out to Bainbridge Island where we walked along the highway to this vineyard where a crazy woman tried to sell us wine. There were just a lot of weird, awkward pauses - can't really explain it much further. Ah, good times.

Then we drove along the coast of Washington down to Portland, Oregon so I could visit Powell's Books - my favorite book store! Along the way we visited Mount St. Helens, and when we unwittingly asked a park ranger if it was the tallest peak in Washington he pretty much looked at us like we were retarded. Oh well, we weren't from around there.

For some strange reason, we decided to hit up Las Vegas on the way back, but instead of staying for a day or two, we were there for three days. Let me tell you, that is WAY too long for anyone to be in Vegas. By day two I was spending half my time spotting fat people. If anyone ever questions whether America has an obesity problem he or she need only go to Vegas to see for themselves.

No comments: